Sunday, May 3, 2009

Got One

After a year, I finally caught my first steelhead. Last Tuesday a friend (David) took another friend (Aaron) and I out in his boat on the Wilson River. It was a fantastic day, it sprinkled a little, but for the most part we had pretty nice weather. Each of us caught two fish, one keeper and one that we let go. Aaron, is from moved out here last fall to work at camp. He is originally from Wyoming and most recently moved from Kansas. This was his first steelhead trip - which turned out to be pretty good for him. I can't wait to get out there again!

Nice bright male, just in from the ocean.

Let this one go. It was a female that was already spawned out.

Aaron and me with a proud display.

2 comments:

theSarge said...

Congratulations Jeff! I hope it will be the first two of many. I remember my first steelhead clearly and fondly. I'm glad your persistence has paid off.

Bethany said...

Awesome! It makes me hungry. :)