I seem to panic the worst during the middle of the night when I'm up feeding Daniel. I get myself all stressed out and then I can't fall back asleep. At the moment that's not such a big deal because I can usually sleep in until 7:30 or 8:00, but when I go back to work I'm going to have to start my day after that 5:30 or 6:00 AM feeding.
And then there's the issue of pumping breastmilk at work...I'm not quite sure how that will work yet. And of course, just the thought of leaving Daniel for more than a few hours breaks my heart. But when we made the decision that I would go back to work, I knew that all these things would be issues, I just never imagined the summer would go by so fast. I really do want to work, and I'm grateful that I only have to work part-time for the first half of the year. We have a million blessings to count in our lives, and the fact that I have a good job is one of them, but I could really use your prayers...
...because leaving something this cute isn't going to be easy :)
6 comments:
I completely understand! I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but no matter how old they are, it doesn't get any easier to go off to work. Luckily, I've been working for long enough that the boys understand (or are used to it, at least!) and most days are ok with telling me goodbye.
But I figure that as long as Daniel has milk in his tummy and a fun person to hang out with, he'll barely notice that you've been gone. Babies can be beautifully oblivious that way. :^)
I will keep in prayer that you are able to have a smooth start to your school year.
He is so cute!
And I'm sorry you're nervous about school starting. We'll definitely keep you and this issue in our prayers.
On a possibly helpful note, though... taking Ella to daycare has been nerve wracking, hard and wonderful. I'm super thankful it is only part time, and it has helped my mental status SO MUCH! I feel like the time I have to teach recharges me and I'm much more patient and loving with Eleanor when she is here. That said, it is still hard to drop her off the afternoons she goes.
I pray you'll find peace and joy in both your teaching and your mommying. I hope the balance will keep your life beautifully full.
This probably doesn't make you feel any better but I want to tell you it anyway.. I was a daycare kid. I grew up in daycare. I LOVED daycare. Don't get my wrong I loved my parents too but I always had fun and I always felt really loved by whoever was watching me. Daniel is going to be looked after by someone who loves him and that is wonderful.
Plus you get some "you" time. Yeah, you'll be at work so it's not like you get relax and just do whatever but you will get some time to just be Emily and not be in constant Mom-mode. Of that fact I am a bit envious.
This fall seems like it is going to be quite the transition period for many of us. I will be praying for you, and Daniel & Jeff. We are so thankful that we have gotten to know you guys.
So glad we got to talk wed afternoon and last night, you are such a good friend and I felt so encouraged!!! I think your a wonderful teacher and I know you will do amazing this year!!!:)I know your nervous but you are gonna be more than fine. Your little boy will be so loved and taken care of...if you and Jeff need anything during these transition months let us know!
We love all three of you and we are so glad you are in our lives. Through Christ you Emily can do all things...because He will give you strength!!! We are praying for you and supporting you always!!
It all takes time. I remember being in your same spot when I went back to work after having Maddie. She was born in May and I had the Summer off. It was stressed out too because of the lack of sleep and I remember being so upset to drop her off at day care, I cried every day for a while. As time goes on routine will happen and all will feel right. It is very hard at first, I will not lie.
Just think, being a teacher is a great job where we get so much time with our kiddos being off during the breaks and summers! We are so lucky to have that time.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I am in your same boat of heading back to school and leaving my little ones behind for half the day too. I still feel a little sad when the summer comes to an end.
PS...
He is soooo cute!
And I understand also. The first day of school doesn't get easier, at least as far as the butterflies in the tummy goes. But knowing Daniel is with others who love him can at least ease your mind on that level. Prayers are coming your way, as usual.
Post a Comment