Friday, September 11, 2009

Reunion '09

It has been hectic around here to say the least. I have so much blogging to catch up on, but I'm just not in the mood for a blogging marathon, so over the weekend I'll try to keep posting little tidbits about our last few weeks.


Two weekends ago we had our annual GFU class of 2005 engineer reunion. We all got together at Harbor Villa, the beachside property owned by TRFC. We had a blast, as usual. The location was practically perfect for our group. Each family had their own bedroom, and the kitchen, dining room and living room were big enough to hold all of us, including all of the kids, who now number 9, ranging in ages from 4 months (Daniel) to "more than 4 and half" (in Abigail's words). It was a great weekend filled with lots of playing on the beach, catching up on each other's lives, and fabulous food (we have some great cooks in our group!). Some highlights of the weekend are captured in these photos.

AnneMarie captivated the kids (and adults) with a great book called Flush, a silly story about being afraid of toilets.

Pillow fights were a big hit with the boys. There are 2 two-year-old boys and 2 four-year-old boys who are all at the rough and tumble stage :) This was one of our many fantastic meals!

These are all the "big kids". From L to R: Ruben, Asher, Benjamin, Josh, Elijah and Abigail. Daniel, Reagan and Seth might be better able to sit up for a photo next year :)Here's the group, minus the Combs family. We missed you guys! It was kinda chilly on Friday, drizzly on Saturday, and beautiful on Sunday. Most of the kiddos are sporting adorable hats made by Maia. I think she managed to crochet about 5 hats over the course of the weekend!Daniel hanging out in a Bumbo. It's pink because it belongs to Reagan, but I wanted to see how Daniel fit in it. Isn't it the cutest thing?! He has his own blue one now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a handsome little nephew I have!!! I can't believe how big he is getting!!! I love you and miss you terribly! Sorry our weekend trip didn't work out. Hopefully before the snow flies I can make a trip out to see you guys! Give Daniel a kiss for me and talk to you soon! I'll hopefully have good/exciting news this weekend! I love you!

Justyn & Courtney said...

That bumbo picture is great. He looks like he has better neck control then his buddy Cheeks. :)