Tuesday, June 21, 2011

conversations with Daniel

Daniel's imagination has become much more apparent lately. Here is an example from a conversation Jeff and Daniel had the other day.

Daniel was sitting on his little white chair on our front landing just looking at stuff outside.
Dad: Hey Big Guy, what are you looking at?
Daniel: Birds. Flying. Up there (point to the sky where, sure enough, there were birds flying).
Dad: Yeah, I see those birds.
Daniel: Neighbor truck. Vroom!
Dad: Yeah, I see the neighbors truck over there too.
Daniel: Dolphin jumping. Splash!
Dad: You see a dolphin?
Daniel: Yeah.
Dad: Where?
Daniel: Right there (pointing down toward the end of the driveway).
Dad: You know, dolphins live in water and I don't see any water down there.
Daniel: Water. Right there. Dolphin jumping. Splash!
Dad: Oh, I see. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello all - Boy that is imagination!! Think he might have inherited some of Great-granpa Minthorne's ability to tell stories.
Better go to the ocean for a visit and to the aquarium.
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent