Sunday, September 26, 2010

Growing boys



I'm hoping to track Levi's growth in the same that I did with Daniel, by using the teddy bear.
Here is Daniel 16 months. He and Levi are technically 15 months apart, but only by days. Daniel turned 16 months on the 11th.
He seems like such a big boy to me now! He is growing so fast and learning new things on a daily basis. Here is a mini update on what he's been doing lately.
New words:
gwa - water
bee - baby
oosh - juice (he also uses a sound very similar to this to refer to lotion or liquid soap, like the kind we use for bath time)
ba - bath
oos - shoes
bub - bubbles

He makes noises for dog, horse, elephant, pig, sheep and car (or anything with wheels).

He has been giving lots of kisses recently. He loves to give Levi kisses, and will do it totally unprompted most of the time.

He has started really liking simple puzzles. We have two that make noises when you put the shape in the right spot, and he is really getting good at them. He also likes "drawing". He has learned how to hold a pencil or crayon and draw on paper. We are pretty sure he's right handed because he seems to have more control over the pencil and also his spoons and forks when he uses his right hand.



Levi is 9 days old here. He is a much longer baby that Daniel was, and even though Daniel weighed a whole pound less than Levi at birth, Levi seems slimmer to me.

This is Daniel at 10 days old. I guess it's kind of hard to compare since the teddy bear isn't in this picture, but I still think he looks a bit bigger.

At Levi's two week check up he was up to 8 lbs 2 oz, and he was 20 3/4 inches long. He's eating every 3 hours basically around the clock. He'll sleep for one 4-5 hour stretch as some point during the night, but that is usually after he's been sleeping fitfully for a few hours. The past few nights I've nursed him sometime between 9 and 10, then he'll go in and out of sleep until about 12:00 or 1:00 at which point I nurse him again. We'll usually let him stay in our bed after that, which is where he sleeps the best. Like I said before, I don't want him to sleep with us for too long, but if we all sleep better when he's in our bed, then we'll keep doing it for now.

There's not too much more to tell you about Levi. His wiggles, coos and cries are the most adorable things in the whole world, but not that much different than any other newborn :)

No comments: