Saturday, April 3, 2010

Discovering

Daniel has been discovering a lot of new things lately.

The tupperware cabinet is a current favorite.

As well as the pot and pans.

He has also discovered a few favorite books. This one, Tails by Matthew Van Fleet is his absolute favorite because of all the fun things to touch and pull. He will pull it out of his toy basket and open it up and feel all the pages. He has become a pretty adept page turner. He also loves Buzz, Buzz Busy Bees. It is so fun to be able to sit down and read a whole story to him! He has also be discovering a lot of things to do with his mouth, vocal cords and hands. He now signs "milk" and "more" pretty consistantly. He will mimic sounds that Jeff and I make or things we do with our mouths, like stick out our tongues or blow raspberries. He loves experimenting with the high to low ranges in his vocal chords, so Jeff and I usually make the sounds back to him to encourage him to keep "talking".

I really love the stage that he is in right now. Learning so much, so fast. Last week we spent 4 days in Camp Sherman at my parent's house and he found and mastered the stairs within the first 10 minutes we were there. By the end of our stay he was crawling all the way up to the top and we were working on safe ways to come down, but he wasn't really interested in coming down because the computer was at the top of the stairs, and he loves computers. Well, he loves banging on the keyboard, which is why the only blogging time I have any more is while he's napping, because the instant I sit down at the computer he cries and cries until I put him up on my lap so he can hit the keys. :) It's so strange to think that he is going to grow up not know what life was like before computers. I can't even imagine what kind of technology will be available to him when he becomes old enough to use it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the plaid pants :) I can only imagine the next things he will discover!! What a blessing to enjoy a Happy, Healthy Baby! Love you guys..MOM

Anonymous said...

I timed him at 12 seconds up 14 stairs..I'm thinking track star! Dad

Anonymous said...

It was great to see all of you at Hannah's last Sunday. Happy Easter to all of you! What a precious little guy you have. We are looking forward to the new one!!
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent