Saturday, April 24, 2010

Check-up

I had a baby check-up on Thursday. The baby's heart rate was a consistent 150 and the doctor said my heart rate and blood pressure were just right too, which surprised me a little, because I had rushed to my appointment. The OB in Tillamook that I am now seeing is the only OB in the county, so she has a pretty full schedule. She usually does her rounds in the hospital in the afternoons after 3:00, but since I don't have any sick leave left I usually request appointments after 3:00 since that is when my students leave. My Thursday appointment was scheduled at 3:10, so I hurriedly got the kids out of the room (no easy feat with 27 students), and got myself out the door by 3:03, then I had to drive across town (which, admittedly, is not that far, but I wanted to be there on time, since I know the doc has a tight schedule). Jeff and Daniel met me there. So, all that to say that I thought I would have a pounding heart and soaring blood pressure, but everything checked out ok. And the other good news was that I had only gained 1 lb in a month. So even with this bulging belly, I'm still doing pretty good with a total of 2 1/2 lbs gained thus far.

We made our ultra sound appointment for 4:00 next Friday! I'm very ready to know if we have a little brother or a little sister in there for Daniel. I'll be right on the cusp of 18 and 19 weeks when we find out, which is perfect. We'll let you all know soon!

2 comments:

theSarge said...

Your new picture in the title is great! We are looking forward to seeing you near the end of May.
Love
Dad Sargent

Anonymous said...

We are excited for this new beautiful baby to enter your lives!!Can't wait to hear, but you all (and Daniel!!)will be in love with him/her from the first day!!Luv you Guys!!--MOM