Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh the places he has gone!

Daniel is an explorer, as I'm sure all crawlers are. We have found him in some of the silliest places and doing the silliest things recently, mostly because now he can move so quickly. No more are the days of leaving him in his room to play with some toys on the floor. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of most of his shenanigans - I'm just not quick enough with the camera yet - but here are a few examples of what he's been up to.

A few weeks ago he discovered Owen's water bowl, and decided that splashing the water around was lots of fun. He LOVES water! He will play in Owen's water dish even as Owen is drinking out of it. We are sure thankful that we have a dog who is not protective of his food or toys! Just the other day Daniel also discovered Owen's bowl of food. Owen is such a voracious eater that whenever we feed him he always eats all his food, so luckily there is never anything left over for Daniel to get to, but that doesn't stop Daniel from trying to take Owen's food while he's eating it. I definitely had to take a piece of dog food out of Daniel's mouth yesterday!


Some of Daniel's favorite "toys" around the house are:

Owen and anything of Owen's (his bones, tennis balls, leash, food, etc.)

the Cadet heaters (he loves running his fingers down them to hear the metallic ching)

the nightlights we have in our hallway and in our bedroom

anything from on top of the coffee table that he can reach and pull off

the full length mirror on our bathroom door


This morning as I was in the bathroom getting ready for work and Jeff was in the shower, Daniel was happily crawling around the bedroom and bathroom. He noticed some sound and movement coming from the bathtub, so he made his way over there, pulled himself up and proceeded to pound on the door of the shower. Jeff opened it a crack and looked down at Daniel and Daniel gave him a huge smile. I'm sure he wanted in there too!


Daniel loves playing in his crib. He has learned how to turn his mobile on and off, so he plays around pounding on buttons that control the sound and movement of the animals. He also likes to play peek-a-boo from his crib, so in the evenings, Jeff and I have found ourselves just hanging out in Daniel's room talking to him and each other while he plays around.


He enjoys feeding Owen while he's in his highchair. Owen has learned to just hang out by the highchair whenever Daniel is in it because inevitably food will end up on the floor. Sometimes Daniel will purposefully hold his hands down below his tray and let Owen lick them. We always know when he is doing though because he laughs hysterically. Those two are going to get into a lot of trouble together!


He such a sweet, smart boy. He is growing like crazy and I will try to get more pictures to keep you updated. For now, here is a shot of him playing under the kitchen table. He loves that spot because there are so many things for him to pull himself up on.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, the adventures! I'm so glad to hear that Daniel is such an explorer. The pic of him under the table is GREAT!

While I was reading, Ella was chanting, "Dee-dull, Un-cle Jeff. Dee-dull, Un-cle Jeff!" over and over and over again! She loves you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great Post!! Grandma Judy just can't get enough.:)Such a busy boy..and so darn cute!!NO wonder you guys get so tired! I'll wait to buy new toys,though..I'm thinking power tools are on the way.Love you 3(&owen)

MacKender 4 said...

What a big boy! He is growing so quiclky and is so cute! Thanks for sharing!