Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Baptism

Two weekends ago Daniel, Owen and I packed up and headed to Sisters for the weekend to see my friend Jessica's kids get baptised. It was a beautiful ceremony, and the kids did wonderfully. They were adorable and well behaved. They even had some pretty cute things to say about the whole deal. Alexis, who will be 5 in January, got watch her brother Mikey go first, while being held in the safety of her grandpa's arms. As she watched the priest pour the water over Mikey's head, she held tightly to her grandpa's neck and said, "ummm...no thank you". :) But when her turn came she did great. When Mikey was done he sat up with a huge smile, and turned to his grandpa and said, "Your turn Papa!" Mikey just wanted everyone to get in on the action.

You are wonderful Jess and you have a beautiful family! I'm so glad I got to be a part of this special occasion!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww... you almost made me cry! It was so special having you and Daniel there for us. You are the best friend I could ask for. Love to you, and kisses to Daniel! Hope to see you all soon!