Friday, October 23, 2009

5 months

The stats:

weight: 16 lbs
length: 24 3/4 inches
head: 16 1/8

He measures around the 50th percentile in every catagory, so we've got a perfectly healthy, growing boy on our hands. The doctor says he's going to be an active one though, based on how strong he already is, and how he hardly ever just sits still. I think baby proofing the house is going to have to happen alittle sooner than we anticipated.
He becomes more curious and more animated every day. We recently introduced squash as his first real solid food. He seems to like it, although most of it still ends up on him, rather than in him. He still loves diaper change time, and now that he's discovered his toes, it is even more fun. He sits up pretty well, but he's not competely stable. He reaches for and grabs just about anything in front of him now, including hair, glasses, and spoons out of our hands. He also has started blowing rasberries. It's pretty entertaining :)

3 comments:

loverstreet said...

i can't remember evan at this age exactly (boy that was a long time ago!), but does daniel look like his uncle? i was noticing the similarities in the second photo especially. either way, he is adorable em!
love you, lindsey

Bethany said...

I LOVE the last pic of Daniel with his big huge grin! He's grown a lot just in the last couple of weeks! Super cute. I'm sure there will be moments when you feel like his energy is trying, but if he's anything like his cousin, it will make you laugh more than anything. :)

theSarge said...

What a great looking boy. I really enjoy these pictures with the smiles and personality. I think he needs to have some grandpa time pretty soon! (or is it grandpa needs some grandson time) Ilove you all.

Grandpa Sargent