Monday, December 22, 2008
Trapped!
At the moment we are "trapped" in Tillamook. Every highway out of Tillamook that crosses the coast range is closed. Some are closed because of "hazardous driving conditions" and some because of fallen trees. Jeff and I are praying that a few of the roads open up before the 24th so that we can travel to Camp Sherman as we had originally planned. If none of the roads around us open up, we still have the option of driving all the way down to Newport, cutting across to Corvallis, and then over to C.S., but that is a 5 hr. drive in good conditions, so we'd be looking at a 7 hour drive at least. We may decide to split the drive up, and do it in two days since we'll have Owen with us, or we might just have to spend Christmas here at home and wait until the roads open up. I know we're not the only ones struggling with being trapped in by this weather, so if you think about it, please pray for all the families that may not get to be together this Christmas, and pray for safe travels for those who decide to brave the roads. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I never thought I would get to the point in my life that I was sick of snow and the problems it is causing. I can't even believe this. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how this is effecting you. Hopefully things will clear up and you'll be able to get "home." If it helps, we know people in Corvallis/Albany/Salem and could probably help find you a place to stay. =)
See you next week! Oh, and let me know if you still want me to drag out my maternity clothes for you. I'd be happy to bring what I have for you to try on.
Hey guy, if it is helpful for your travel planning, Joe and I made it to Corvallis today and it only took us approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours... and the roads were clear! It's once you get past Corvallis that things get tricky..
Good luck making it out.. took us 6 hours to get to Newberg but it is wonderful to be here. :-)
Have a wonderful Christmas!
~Stephanie
We are praying you guys make it to be with family!!! If not you guys know we'd love to have you!!:)
Thanks again for the invite tonight we had a blast with you both as usual!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment