The anticipated arrival of our first niece, Eleanor, seems to have inspired us to explore our craftiness.
We have a lot of scrap wood around the shop at work. So I was able to make as many building blocks as I wanted. I also got to try out my Dremel for carving the letters, and experiment with wood dye for the colors.
Emily is learning to sew. I'd say this is a pretty good first quilt!
Beth and Seth, you can expect to get a package in the mail some time in the near future:)
7 comments:
These look great! I love the bright colors on the blocks...and the more subdued colors in the quilt. And I agree, it looks like a great first quilt!
Is the cat going along to Salt Lake as well?
I guess I forgot to mention that the cat is not included. I couldn't figure out how to get him to stay in the box... ;)
I just want y'all to know that I have been looking at the block picture (the 1st one) for a few minutes trying to figure out what the letters spell... Okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb, but it has been a long day of traveling and I have a lot of blog reading to catch up with. And, yes, I did figure out that they were random letters (eventually). =)
Oh, and Emily I LOVE the quilt. The colors turned out perfect together.
Oh, and Jeff, Grace might request a batch of colorful blocks one of these days too. =)
Can we put an order in for some of those blocks as well? :^)
Gorgeous quilt Emily! I wish I had the time to "re-learn" how to sew. I guess actually getting a sewing machine would be the first step!
Again, we LOVE the presents! Ellie is going to have a blast with those blocks when she gets bigger. For now, Seth and I will entertain each other with them. :) And Emily, I'm super impressed with the quilt. It is beautiful.
I'm really glad you guys like the quilt and the blocks! :) Thanks for giving us a reason to make those things ;)
Post a Comment