In spite of all that, the boys had fun. We got to the hunt about 20 minutes early because I knew there wasn't much parking around the park and I didn't want to walk a mile to get there. The "hunt" lasted about 40 seconds (literally), and then we sat in the sun, opened all the eggs, climbed on a fire truck, picked daisies, and just enjoyed a warm day at the park! :)
It is almost impossible to get pictures of my boys both looking and smiling at the camera these days, as you can see below, so here are some photos from our day that don't really capture how much fun they were actually having. :)
When we got home later that afternoon Levi was ready for a nap but Daniel wasn't very tired so he and I sat on the couch to read stories. I had been talking to the boys about the real reason we celebrate Easter for a few days, (since we want to make sure that this holiday is never just about colorful eggs and bunnies) so I was glad when Daniel grabbed a picture book about Jesus' life off the shelf. I turned it to a story of the last supper and we read all the stories from there to Jesus' ascension to Heaven. When we were done reading I asked Daniel why Jesus was a special person and he said "Because he died because the bad mens hurt him but then he was alive and the mens were happy and he (Jesus) went (insert little boy superhero whooshing noises here) up to heaven with God." That sweet little explanation brought tears to my eyes. This Easter I felt an incredible amount of joy when I thought about Jesus' love for us and the miracle of his resurrection. I am so glad that Daniel seemed to catch a glimpse of that incredible gift, and I hope that we can build on his understand more this year so that by next Easter he will have an even deeper connection with Jesus' love.
On Sunday went to the "sunrise service " (8:00 AM is not exactly sunrise, but that's fine by me), had a great potluck breakfast with our church family, attended the regular service at 10:10, played outside, then headed home for lunch and naps.
After naps the boys opened their Easter baskets, and went on a mini egg hunt around the house. Then we went to our friend's, the Troyer's, house for dinner and another egg hunt. :)
I thought it was hard to get two boys to look at the camera and smile, but then I tried to get three boys to smile and look at the camera while they had buckets full jelly beans. So, here is the result of about 2 minutes of continuous shooting.
It was a fun and blessed Easter weekend!
| Daniel found an egg! |
| Levi found an egg! |
I thought it was hard to get two boys to look at the camera and smile, but then I tried to get three boys to smile and look at the camera while they had buckets full jelly beans. So, here is the result of about 2 minutes of continuous shooting.
It was a fun and blessed Easter weekend!
1 comment:
Hello - What a great Easter celebration!! Special for Daniel to understand something about our wonderful Lord Jesus. Blessings to all of you, Love, Gram BL Sargent
Post a Comment