
On Monday morning the Tippins and Brownlees came into town. We met up for lunch at the taco truck in Tillamook, which was a huge hit! Who knew carne asada cooked in a tiny little trailer could be so good? We then headed straight to the beach in Rockaway where the kids (and dad) played, splashed and frolicked the afternoon away.
Daniel and Claire playing with the bubbles.
My sweet little guy!
Daniel, Grace and Ella worked on digging a tunnel (and Merrick might have helped a little bit).We didn't leave the beach until after 6:00 but I'm pretty sure the kids could have played until they passed out from exhaustion. We just kept commenting on how it's "too bad" none of these cousins like each other, or the beach :)
As luck would have it, there was a cabin at Harbor Villa available for the night, so the Tippins and Brownlees had a place to stay. While they unpacked and roasted hotdogs for dinner, we went to a farewell party for our freinds the Frankamps who are leaving TRFC. We made it back to the beach in time to run around with cousins a little more, but that wasn't until about 8:30 which is Daniel and Levi's normal bedtime. I really wanted Daniel to stay up to see the fireworks because I thought he would enjoy them this year. He did get to see some of the smaller ones that people were setting off on the beach, but by the time the real show started, a little after 9:30, he was totally and completely exhausted. He had fallen asleep in my arms before the show, so I woke him up when the first fireworks went off. He lifted up his head, looked at the sky, mumbled "red ire-erks", put his head back on my shoulder and was out for the night. Poor guy. I layed him on a couch in the cabin and I don't think he moved a muscle until we scooped him up to head home around 12:30 AM. We had a nice night roasting marshmallows and talking with the grown-ups around the campfire.
The next day Jeff had to be at work by 6:30 so he tip-toed out of the house while the boys and I slept in until the glorious hour of 8:00. I bathed them, trying to get the sand out of as many crevices as I could, then we met the family again for lunch and a trip to the cheese factory. It was packed, and a little hard to maneuver, but Daniel and Ella did a great job holding hands and weaving through the crowds. We sure have enjoyed seeing our cousins so much the past few months, and we will all get together again tomorrow for Kevin and Laura's wedding!
As luck would have it, there was a cabin at Harbor Villa available for the night, so the Tippins and Brownlees had a place to stay. While they unpacked and roasted hotdogs for dinner, we went to a farewell party for our freinds the Frankamps who are leaving TRFC. We made it back to the beach in time to run around with cousins a little more, but that wasn't until about 8:30 which is Daniel and Levi's normal bedtime. I really wanted Daniel to stay up to see the fireworks because I thought he would enjoy them this year. He did get to see some of the smaller ones that people were setting off on the beach, but by the time the real show started, a little after 9:30, he was totally and completely exhausted. He had fallen asleep in my arms before the show, so I woke him up when the first fireworks went off. He lifted up his head, looked at the sky, mumbled "red ire-erks", put his head back on my shoulder and was out for the night. Poor guy. I layed him on a couch in the cabin and I don't think he moved a muscle until we scooped him up to head home around 12:30 AM. We had a nice night roasting marshmallows and talking with the grown-ups around the campfire.
The next day Jeff had to be at work by 6:30 so he tip-toed out of the house while the boys and I slept in until the glorious hour of 8:00. I bathed them, trying to get the sand out of as many crevices as I could, then we met the family again for lunch and a trip to the cheese factory. It was packed, and a little hard to maneuver, but Daniel and Ella did a great job holding hands and weaving through the crowds. We sure have enjoyed seeing our cousins so much the past few months, and we will all get together again tomorrow for Kevin and Laura's wedding!
The only picture I was able to get of my two boys holding still for 2 seconds.
2 comments:
Dear family - So much fun for the greats!! Glad it was good beach weather. Then all the fun at Laura's wedding on Fri. Evening. Been a special time for us to see the greats. Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent
Hey Emily!
I got to your blog from Danielle's and loved seeing the pictures on the first couple of posts. It will be fun to follow along with you guys!
- Crystal and Evan and Piper
Post a Comment