We made some finger paints for Daniel one night and let him go at it. He had a lot of fun, and the paint recipe that we used was really good.
We went Christmas tree hunting early in December on a beautiful day. We have had to re-arrange our living room since Levi was born and we found ourselves with no extra floor space for a tree. We almost decided not to get a tree this year, but that would have been so sad, especially since Daniel is very fascinated by pretty lights and shiny things. There are tons of Christmas tree farms in the area, but we always go back to the same one because it is owned by a very nice family and they have great trees. This year they even gave us a deal because we chose a pretty small tree. We decided to do a table-top tree this year. It has worked out great!
I helped put on our children's Christmas program at church this year. The performance was on the 20th and I think it went pretty well. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I don't think it mattered. The kids were adorable, and the message was clear. I definitely jumped into "teacher mode" while I was directing the dress rehearsal and the performance. It was a good outlet for me.
I also helped make wreaths and cookies for various church activities. It's been fun getting involved in those things, especially since they all involve good friends and festive Christmas music :)
We went on a retreat with the Twin Rocks Friends Camp management team to Black Lake Bible Camp in Olympia, WA. I was really glad that I could go this year since I've missed the last two retreats because I was working. We always have such fun hanging out with the TRFC staff!
The boys turned 3 months and 19 months. They are both doing very well, learning and growing daily.
We had many fun evenings with friends watching football, deep-frying turkeys, playing games way past our bedtimes and having good conversation.
I'll try to post pictures of our wonderful, white Christmas in Camp Sherman soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment