I think my kids are pretty average sized, so it is frustrating to have to drawers full of clothes ranging 3 or 4 sizes. Today Daniel is wearing a 6-12 month sized t-shirt, 12 month size pants and an 18 month size jacket, and all of them fit him just right.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Silly jammies
The sizing of baby clothing is perplexing. I guess it's the same for adult clothes...items that are labeled as the same size in different brands can fit completely differently. Take these pajamas for example.
These are size 0-3 months. They are too short in the arms and legs for a two week old baby, and yet roomy enough in the hips and torso area for a kid twice as wide as Levi. Even with his cloth diaper on he did not come close to filling out these jammies. I've never seen a baby with hips, more or less hips big enough to fit in these.
This is what the jammies should look like if they fit right...although another inch in the legs and arms would help too.
I think my kids are pretty average sized, so it is frustrating to have to drawers full of clothes ranging 3 or 4 sizes. Today Daniel is wearing a 6-12 month sized t-shirt, 12 month size pants and an 18 month size jacket, and all of them fit him just right.
I think my kids are pretty average sized, so it is frustrating to have to drawers full of clothes ranging 3 or 4 sizes. Today Daniel is wearing a 6-12 month sized t-shirt, 12 month size pants and an 18 month size jacket, and all of them fit him just right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They perplex me too! For Benjamin it seems the main problem with 0-3 jammies is that their feet are too small, but everything else from length to width is way too big! It looks like from your pictures that Levi is a lot longer than Ben...
I'm right there with you...it really drives me nuts sometimes. Seems like a very common problem for all people in all sizes. :)
Post a Comment