Sunday, April 12, 2009

Business as usual

We have been very busy lately, but mostly just with day-to-day kinds of things, not really blog worthy. Jeff still needs to post about his trip to Mexico, but I will summarize it by saying that he had an absolutely wonderful time with the team he went with, felt great about the building projects they were able to do, renewed his passion for worshiping the Lord, and didn't get sick!

The last three weeks since he got back we haven't had much time off together, just a day or two, and most of the time we are doctors appointments or doing projects around the house. We were really productive last weekend and got lots of organizing done. Yay for the nesting instinct! Jeff has been a trooper about getting all sorts of heavy lifting projects done just to make me feel better. He organized the shed, so we could potentially store a few more things in there (although it is just about maxed out), and he got rid of some stuff that was just taking up space in the carport. I've been organizing the nursery as best as I can, and organizing just about everything I can get my hands on...when I have time. Most of my energy is focused on work right now though. I only have 4 more weeks! It's totally crazy...although I'm glad I chose to start my maternity leave a little before my due date. I am getting to the point where all the simple daily activities like getting in and out of the car, putting on my shoes or picking stuff up off the floor are getting difficult. I am carrying all the baby weight right in front. I quite literally have a tummy the size of a basketball. I am more tired lately too, like I felt in the first trimester, so I know that when May 8 comes around (my last day of work) I will be ready for it.

We found a dresser this weekend, so we now have the last big piece of furniture that we needed. It needs some work, but thats fine. We got it for $15 dollars a local thrift store. Jeff's going to sand it down, and fix one of the drawers, then we'll put some fresh paint on it. We'll finally have a place to put all the cute little clothes we've recieved!

I had a baby shower with my co-workers last week and we recieved a very nice front/back carrier, a highchair, and lots of other little things.

We had a wonderful Easter day. We went to the sunrise service at our church, which was followed by a wonderful potluck breakfast, and then the Easter Celebration service. We stayed and mingled for about 40 minutes and we were invited over to a friend's house for dinner. They were hosting all the "strays", or those of us who don' t have extended family in the area. It was a great evening of fellowship and a delicious dinner!

So that pretty much sums it up. Life is good. We still have some big decisions to make, and it seems like every time I feel like I've finally made up my mind about what I want to do next year, something new comes along. I don't want to share too many details yet because there are so many things up in the air, but if you think about it, keep us in your prayers. The whole job situations seems to only be getting messier, not easier.

No comments: