Two big milestones have taken place recently. I turned 25 a week ago...a quarter of a century old! And my brother graduated from high school. A big Hip-hip-Hooray for Evan!!!
At the staff bonding day I got to take a ri
de around the lake in a row boat...

I got to celebrate my birthday with the entire staff of Twin Rocks because June 2nd just happend to be Staff Bonding Day, a chance for the new summer staff to get to know the full and part time staff. I took the day off of work (from school) and had a blast hanging out with the TRFC staff all day. Then Tuesday night at bible study they had a cake for me, and then Jeff took me out for a very nice dinner on Wednesday evening. I got to celebrate my birthday for 3 days!
...play mini-golf and blush profusely as the whole staff sang happy birthday :o) It was a great day! Thanks everybody!
On Friday night, my brother graduated from Sisters High School. His graduating class had 140 kids, a record for SHS. The pictures below are of Evan and his girlfriend Sam, and one of the ceremony. It was a really fun graduation, with great speeches and fun slideshow of all the kids.

I just can't believe he's graduated! We're so proud of him! He is still not 100% sure where he'll be going next year, but he's definitely going to school, and he's pretty sure he wants to get out of Oregon. At the end of June he'll fly to Germany to visit a friend (a foriegn exchange student from last year) for 3 weeks. Then he'll probably end up at one of his top two choices for school; a junior college in Santa Rosa, CA or a junior college in Tyler, TX. I guess he's tired of this cold, dreary Oregon weather, and he's ready for some sun. I don't blame him!

1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday, Emily. I have your birthday marked on my calendar, and I meant to send you an email to wish you a happy birthday, but I didn't get to... so sorry. Hope you had a great birthday!
Love,
Shizuka
Post a Comment