Everyone, say hello to Owen!
Last Friday we went to the Oregon Humane Society in Portland and found him. We've been talking about getting a dog for a while, and now seemed like a good time, since Emily is off from school for the summer, so she'll have time to spend at home with Owen to help him get situated.
Owen is a 2 year old Hungarian Viszla (probably a little something else mixed in there too, but we don't know). Viszlas are a pointer/retriever breed, but are well known for being quite sociable and very trainable. He's about the size of a lab or retriever and 55 pounds of muscle. Although he's been in and out of the shelter several times, he shows signs of his intelligence and past training. He already knows many common commands, and follows them - when he's not overexcited. He loves people too. On the whole ride home he sat in the back seat with his head on Emily's lap.The cats aren't too enamored of their new roommate just yet, but hopefully they'll come around with time.
3 comments:
We think he's super cute! Seth walked away from the blog saying, "That's cool. I want a dog!" He's a neat looking pup. We hope the adjustment period is short for you all and you continue having a great time with him.
I love dogs too. It looks like you picked a great one!
I think your dog is great. I will enjoy visiting him when I come down to see you, which reminds me why he is really a wonderful pet. He's wonderful because he's yours!
Love you both (plus two kitties and the dog)
Dad
Post a Comment