Thursday, September 20, 2007

everything is beachy

This past week the mornings have been just beautiful, so I decided to go take a few pictures out on the beach. This is a picture of out beautiful Twin Rocks. The apartment we are staying in is just one block from the sand, but for the first week that we lived here we didn't really go out to the beach at all. So I made up my mind to go wander on the beach at least once a day from now on. Well, we have been pretty lucky so far with having the sun come out almost everyday, and we haven't had any big rains yet, so walking on the beach has been quite pleasant. Below is a picture of morning sun coming through the trees in our neighbor's yard.
We did decide to go take a walk in the rain one day last weekend, because we had been pent up inside our apartment all day, and we realized that no matter what the weather is doing, or what the temperature is, it is always about 10 degrees colder on the beach. We also discovered that people that actually live around here, don't walk on the beach when it's raining, that's mostly just a tourist thing to do. So we got adequately made fun of when we told people we walked on the beach in the rain.

Another thing we've had to realize is that when we go out to eat we do not have to order fish n' chips or clam chowder just because we're at the beach. And we don't have to buy enough salt-water taffy to last us a year. We can just go get these things whenever we want.

But what we can't go get whenever we want is Dutch Brothers coffee, movies and Jamba Juice...sigh...give a little, take a little I guess.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I know it'd be a drive, but if you're desperate for Dutch Bros, there's one in Lincoln City and another in Newport. :)

Your pictures of the beach are wonderful. I miss being able to see it easily. We love the mountains, but they are so different from the beach!

We hope you two are doing well and settling in. Mom mentioned you are seriously looking at some houses now... keep us posted on how it's going.

Bethany said...

Jeff, I told Seth last night about your jealousy of his fly fishing. He just smiled really big and said, "It's true, we're in the perfect place for it and it doesn't hurt that I'm learning from a pro!"

Maybe you and Emily can make a trip down to see us sometime and Seth can show you what he's learned.

Mom said...

Sigh. I miss you guys. It seems a long time till Christmas, or Thanksgiving, or whenever.... Congratulations on the house. It's cute! I'm sure you'll enjoy living there and making it your own.