Well, we have unpacked most of the boxes, refilled about 4 boxes with things destined for the thrift store (yay for purging!) done about 20 loads of laundry, cooked a few meals, kept the house toasty warm with an almost continuously running wood stove, lost a cat, found the cat 24 hours later, spent hours sock-sliding and bouncing bouncy balls in the open-floor-plan kitchen/dining room, and generally settled into our new house. I have been putting off taking pictures until we get a few more things organized, but at the rate I'm going that may take months. So you might be getting some pictures of the dining room still piled high with empty moving boxes, the boys bedrooms without any decorations on the walls, or my bedroom with clothes stacked on wire racks because we still haven't found a good, cheap dresser (we lost some closet space, so we need another dresser).
Great big moving boxes from the Tillamook Cheese Factory make great little hidey-holes for little boys. :)Overall though, we are quite satisfied with our new accommodations. We have been here for 1 week now and we feel quite "at home". Everyone on camp is excited to have us here and we have felt so welcomed, which is funny because I kind of feel like a new person on staff all over again. But, it has been a real treat to be able to have lunch with Jeff every day, whether he is coming for a lunch break or the boys and I are walking to the dining hall to have lunch with him.
Unfortunately the boys have both been sick for the past week, so we didn't get out to "explore" the camp much, but we will have plenty of time (and hopefully better weather) for that this winter and into the summer.
Here is our last family photo in front of our "old" house last Monday.I got a little misty-eyed as we were driving away from it to go spend our first night in the new house. Jeff and I bought that house in November of 2007 after a summer and fall spent transitioning jobs and locations. We loved that little house. We had our dog, Owen there for two years and both our boys were born in that house. It served us well, and I will miss it. Even though we still own, I doubt we will ever move back into it. We will always have fond memories of that little house though, and I am glad that we are renting it to a great young couple with a sweet little baby girl. They are very excited to be moving in, and for that makes me happy.
3 comments:
We are so excited about your move to camp..I LOVE that house and I know you both and the boys will,too! But I'm a little "misty eyed" also about leaving Bay City. I remember coming with Evan and helping clean before you moved in..and being there when both boys came through the door for the first time. It's a very special place. You will always remember your "First Home". Congratulation, Love G-mom Judy
Happy Family - So pleased to hear about your move and that things are "looking-up". We have a dresser if you want to come and get it.
It has 5 drawers and around 30 inches wide. May find another one in Resale on lower level.
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent
Happy Family - So pleased to hear about your move and that things are "looking-up". We have a dresser if you want to come and get it.
It has 5 drawers and around 30 inches wide. May find another one in Resale on lower level.
Love & Hugs, Gram BL Sargent
Post a Comment