Saturday, May 7, 2011

General Goings On

I have not done much blogging in the past few months for a few reasons. 1) We have been busy with just the day to day stuff, 2) Levi has been moved from our bedroom to the computer room in an attempt to get him to sleep to the night (which has been successful! Yay!), and 3) I have been trying to substitute as often as possible to earn as much $ as I can before the summer months hit and I don't have the option of working. We have not done anything particularly exciting recently, but we have some cute pictures that kind of capture some fun moments. And just for my personal memory's sake, I'll try to give a run down of what we've been up to the past month or so.

About two months ago we took a trip to the Children's Museum in Portland and we had a blast! The special exhibit was of Curious George, and Daniel LOVES Curious George, so that was big hit. I think his favorite exhibit was the "Under Construction" room, although the "Digging" pit came in a close second. He enjoyed the water room, but most of the stations were too high for him to reach, so he didn't get to do much in there. I took a few pictures on my phone that day, but it's a new phone and I still don't have the USB cord that allows me to get the pictures off my phone, so those will have to wait until another day.

Like I said earlier, I've been trying to work more, so sometimes Jeff stays home with the boys all day. Here are some pictures of things they like to do together.
Build forts,
blow bubbles,
and work in the garden.
Jeff has been working hard on some planter boxes this spring and we're pretty excited about the prospect of the fresh veggies. Daniel loves helping dad dig in the dirt. On of his favorite things to say is "Dad, Daniel digging dirt!" I think he likes the way all of the d's roll of his tongue.


The boys and I took a trip to Camp Sherman on a weekend that Jeff had to work a few weeks back. It was the first time I have a attempted a long distance trip with both boys by myself and it went great! They were such good travelers. They napped most of the trip, but when they were awake they were entertaining each other each other with games of peek-a-boo and just being silly. I didn't take many photos that weekend because we mostly just hung out at Ama and Bompa's (grandma and grandpa's) house. Daniel loved playing on the stairs with Uncle Evan and taking tractor rides with Bompa. Levi loved being held almost the entire time :) We went to the fish hatchery on our last day there to see Bompa one last time. During the hour that we were there, it was sunny, then it rained, then it snowed. Gotta love central Oregon!
Daniel loved feeding the fish and watching them splash.

Daniel made a new friend. Westin is 3 years old and lives on the hatchery. He had a super-cool tree house and lots of toy cars that they raced down the slide.

Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery is a really fun place to take kids, and it's totally free! If you are ever in the area you should go, and ask for Mike, my dad. He'll give you the grand tour!

We go for a walk to the park on an almost daily basis. Daniel can play on almost every toy at the park, so he enjoys it now more than ever. He calls it the "Underdog park" because his favorite thing is to get an underdog on the swing. Levi seems to love being outside and he's always a trooper hanging out in the stroller or backpack while Daniel runs amok.
We finally had some sunny weather last week so we decided to spend some time on the beach, something we don't do often enough.
Daniel was very excited about making a sand castle with dad.

Levi got to feel (and taste) sand for the first time and he loved it!

Sadly, this is the best family photo we could get, but at least we got one!

I had a shopping day in Portland with my friend LeAnne. We unexpectedly ended up at an awesome kids consignment sale and I found some amazing deals! I also got to go out to tea with LeAnne and Courtney last weekend at an adorable little tea shop in Tillamook called La Tea Da. What a treat!

I have been subbing 1-2 days a week, but like I said earlier I've been trying to pick some more hours. I enrolled the boys in a group day care in Tillamook and we did a trial run for a few hours last week. I think it went really well. They said both boys did great for their first day. I've always been nervous about group daycare, but I think now that I'm staying home with the boys, a little socialization and scheduled care won't hurt.

I'll post some Easter and Mother's Day pics soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE print some of those Beautiful Pictures and bring them to me! Love to you All!! MOM