Sunday, June 20, 2010

beach time

We've been taking Daniel to the beach since he was born, but only recently have we really let him experience the sand and other wonders of the beach (although we haven't let him play in the ocean yet). He is mostly past the stage of putting everything in his mouth, and I think he is learning that even though he can still "fit" many things in his mouth, they don't all taste good, so he's been more selective lately.

Well, last Saturday was a beautiful day and we were camping at Barview with some friends. A couple of us headed to the beach mid morning to soak up a little sun and let the boys play in the sand. Daniel loved it! He had a hard time walking in the soft sand, but still enjoyed trying. When I took him down to the wetter sand he practically took off running. He loved the feeling of the wind in his hair, the sun on his face and the sand in his hands. I think this summer will call for quite a bit more beach time (if the sun ever decides to make another appearance, that is).

3 comments:

shizuka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Daniel is getting bigger and bigger. Isn't it exciting to realize how much he can do now?! Hope you are doing well. Even though I don't leave comments on your blog much, I do look at it very often! I will write you ab email again, too!
-Shizuka

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful beach day! I love the pic of the boys with the blue sky and the "lizards" behide them....soo cute!Hope the sun keeps heading your way....because that means it might be headed MY way :) Grandma Judy