Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vamos a Mexico!

Today is my first day of Spring Break and I am spending it frantically packing for our trip to Mexico. We are going with 23 other members of our church (Netarts Friends) to San Luis, which is right over the western Arizon border. We will be leaving tomorrow and driving for a little over forever until we reach Yuma late on Saturday. We'll spend Easter at a church there and then we'll head over the border. We'll build and do VBS for 4 days and then pack up and head out. We will be building an addition to the sanctuary and a dwelling for a family near the church.

We would really appreciate your prayers as we are on this trip. Please pray that the travel all goes smoothly. We are taking two vans and two trucks with trailers carrying a ton of supplies (actually about 3 tons). We had a unit of lumber dontated for the build (about 3,000 lbs I think) so we are transporting that plus all our tools, food and donations for the church. Please pray also for everyone's health during travel and while we are there. It is easy to get fatigued after so much travel and that depletes the immune system. On past trips some people have gotten pretty nasty stomach viruses from the water and from being tired, so we pray that that won't happen this year. Pray for those of us doing VBS, too. In the past they have had as many as 80 kids show up for VBS! We have planned for that many and it would be exciting to be able to reach that many kids with the message of Salvation, but it will be extremely hectic if they all come. The team is relying on me pretty heavily to do lead the VBS because I speak some Spanish, but I'm nervous because my Spanish is a bit rusty. I pray that God will speak through me whether or not I think I have the right words.

We love you all and we can't wait to fill you in when we get back! Have a very blessed Easter! God is good all the time!!!

No comments: