Over the past few years, I have noticed the growing trend in blogging. Several friends of mine have started blogs and I have enjoyed reading various posts from them. It's fun to be updated on life's events - especially some of those small events that you wouldn't normally tell people about, but don't mind writing down in a journaling-type attitude. I guess it's like getting into people's heads and hearing their thoughts in a way that wouldn't come across in a normal letter.
The other thing I have noticed about blogs is that people (at least in my circle of friends) seem to start them just prior to or during major events in their lives (eg, going on a trip, making a move, getting married, learning to cook, etc.). I have always felt that it is a great idea, and a great way to help people keep in touch. But for some reason (probably laziness) I have never taken the time to do this myself.
It struck Emily and I a little while ago that we may not always do a good job of keeping people informed of how our lives are going when we got an e-mail from some of the folks I graduated with in my engineering class. One day an e-mail came across saying "Has anyone heard from the Sargents? I think they're MIA." At that point we realized that we had not talked to any of them (some of our close friends) in the last 2 months and they had no idea that we had quit our jobs and moved 700 miles away.
So we begin this blog during a fairly major event in our lives. We are for the first time in our lives unemployed and homeless.
This is our attempt to try and keep our friends and family a little more informed of our whereabouts and goings-on. Hopefully it will serve that purpose. We also hope you will get a little enjoyment from reading it.
In Christ,
Jeff and Emily
3 comments:
Hey kids -
I'm glad I found you via Hannah's blog. I think this is a great way for all of us to stay in touch, but you have to tell us you've started a blog!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Now I feel like I grandfathered this blog since its purpose is to keep you crazy kids from going MIA again. :o)
Post a Comment