Eating...especially with a spoon or a fork. He has pretty much mastered both, as long as the food is not too slippery.
Using a spoon!He loves being outside whenever possible, especially when Daddy is out there working. He has been "helping" in the garden, and with the garage project. He has recently started to associate wearing a hat with going outside, because every time Jeff goes outside he has a hat on, and he takes it off whenever he comes in the house. So now when Daniel points to his or Jeff's hat on the coat hook and says "hat" he is telling us that he wants to go outside. Either that or he will walk over to the door and start wedging his fingers in the door jam trying to open it.
He also climbs on and off of just about anything now. He has mastered going up and down stairs safely, getting on and off the bed and couch safely, and now he's working on the kitchen chairs. He is also on the verge of running. He can basically run, although it's really more of a fast walk, when he is on one solid surface, like pavement, or the hardwood floor. Running from wood floor to carpet still trips him up, but he's working on it. Whenever we go for walks outside he loves walking from grass, to gravel, to pavement, just to practice going from one surface to the other. He probably walks twice as far as Jeff or I do because he's constantly zig-zagging over to a new surface.
Daniel is also adding new words to his vocabulary fairly regularly. The words that he clearly says right now are:
"hot"
"at" = cat
"hat"
"ap" = apple
"woof" = dog
"buh" = bird and ball
"da" = dad, and anything that he associates with dad, like a truck or a tractor.
"ma-ma" = mom, but only when prompted. Usually I just get pointed at with a smile when someone asks him who I am.
He waves bye-bye and he gives Jeff and I kisses. He will occasionally "blow kisses" by sticking his index finger in his mouth and popping it out.
So that's our sweet boy at 15 months! Tons of energy, and tons of fun to be around!

Daniel is also adding new words to his vocabulary fairly regularly. The words that he clearly says right now are:
"hot"
"at" = cat
"hat"
"ap" = apple
"woof" = dog
"buh" = bird and ball
"da" = dad, and anything that he associates with dad, like a truck or a tractor.
"ma-ma" = mom, but only when prompted. Usually I just get pointed at with a smile when someone asks him who I am.
He waves bye-bye and he gives Jeff and I kisses. He will occasionally "blow kisses" by sticking his index finger in his mouth and popping it out.
So that's our sweet boy at 15 months! Tons of energy, and tons of fun to be around!
Guacamole face :)
4 comments:
Great pictures of our precious "Great" Daniel! Love & Hugs to all, Gram BL Sargent
So cute! I hope you continue to be a lively, loving boy Mr. Daniel.
I love the picture of him with the hammer in the dirt, his chin in the air. So sophisticated! I'm sure he's a wonderful superviser - Jeff needs someone to keep him in line. :)
Awww!! I can't believe he is so big! I was getting teary eyed reading this... Can't wait to see you and him and see first hand how big and smart he is!!! Love you guys! 9 days!! =)
Oh my goodness he is so adorable. It is amazing how quickly they learn and grow.
Post a Comment