I haven't posted recently because it seems that after whole pin-eating incident, everything else that happens in our life seems quite boring. And yet this blog is entitled Life in General, so I guess I could fill you in on the all the general happenings around the Sargent home.
Our big news, as most of you know (sorry if some of you are hearing this for the first time) is that we are pregnant! I am due on Sept 25, which is within days of my sister-in-law, Bethany Tippin. We are thrilled that these cousins will be so close in age! I think it will make for some fun holidays! Daniel and the baby will be 16 months apart, which sounds crazy...I know. We're very excited though. Everyone that I've talked to that grew up with a close-aged sibling really loved it. Parents who have had two close together have told us that it is hard at first, but there are many pluses later on.
This news has caused us to make some big decisions regarding the future and the present. I will not be returning to teaching next year. I don't say that I will not be returning to work, because I have been reminded by some amazing stay-at-home moms that staying at home is a lot of work, especially with two little ones. I will probably stay home exclusively for a few months, but I will inevitably have to work outside of the home a little bit to make ends meet. I don't feel as sad about not returning to teaching as I always thought I would, so I'm taking that a good sign that I'm making the right decision.
We are planning a remodel of the house, in order to create more space for our expanding family. We are going to enclose our carport and make it a functioning garage, with storage space up high, and hopefully lots of cabinets and shelves. Putting in this garage means we have to do some pretty serious landscaping work first though. Already, Jeff and some friends took out about 6 of our 12 big trees that were all packed into a small area. It has let in a lot of light already and we plan on taking a few more out soon. Then we have to level that ground, move the current storage shed down into the space where the trees used to be, build the garage, take out the dining room window and fill in that wall, then hopefully add two skylights in kitchen and dining room, to make up for the lost light from the window. The majority of the work will probably happen in June and July, when I'm done working and Jeff can have some days off when he doesn't have to be in charge of Daniel. Most of the work Jeff feels like he can do on his own, or with the help of friends, so hopefully we won't have to hire anybody. We will certainly pay in meals though, to anyone who wants to help!
I've had a lot of opportunities to see friends and family lately, which has been wonderful! My mom came to help me out for 3 days last week while Jeff was away at a conference. I don't know what I would have done without her! Thanks for coming Mom! I'm so glad Daniel got some good Grandma time in! Then last weekend we spent almost every meal with friends. Thank you to all the generous people who have so lovingly welcomed us into their homes!
we have continued to love our Tuesday evening bible study group. Right now we are going through the book, Celebration of Discipline, and it is sparking great conversations. Although, with as chaotic as life has been recently, and with first trimester tiredness in full swing, I must admit that I have been far from disciplined. I'm working on it though.
Daniel continues to keep us on our toes. He turns 10 months tomorrow and he getting close to walking. He can stand on his own for up to 30 seconds and he is cruising like a pro. Heaven help us when this little guy starts walking, because no doubt running won't be far behind, and that will be the end of my ability to keep up with him, especially as my belly grows!
3 comments:
We are so happy for you guys!! We love you all so much!!! We are so excited to be apart of your lives, you are all such a blessing to us! :)I am also looking forward to having some fun "stay at home" mommy time with our little ones! :) Always know you are welcome in our home any time and we will be more than happy to lend our skills for the remodel! Love to all of you Sargents...you are such dear friends!!!! :)
Congratulations! What exciting news! I'll bet the Grandparents are just so happy with all of the grandchildren coming their way! Take Care!
Post a Comment