Saturday, September 20, 2008

While the husband's away...

I get bored.

Jeff is in Chicago this week visiting his best childhood friend, Ben. I've talked to him once since he left on Thursday, and it sounds like he's having an amazing time. I'll let him fill you in on the details when he returns, but so far, in the three days he's been there, they've been to a Cubs game, a football game, touring the city, and now they're packing for a camping trip.

Since Jeff has the camara, I can't exactly update with pictures, so words will have to do.

Two weekends ago, Jeff's brother, Anthony, got married to an amazing girl named Bethany. It was a nice wedding and a great time of catching up with family. We stayed at Roger & Louise's house, and got to see all the hard work they've been putting into landscaping. We saw grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and best of all, Jeff's sister Bethany (who came all the way from Sheridan, WY) and her sweet daughter (our first neice!) Eleanor. Ellie was the hit of party and she took it all so well. She was right around 4 months at the wedding and we are really glad that we got to meet her and spend some time getting to know her.

Last weekend was pretty low-key. Jeff's Minthorne grandparents came over for dessert one night while they were attending Adult Fellowship Camp. It was nice to visit with them. Then we had two new friends, Aaron and Mollie, over for dinner on Monday. They are the new interns at camp, and they are lots of fun!

School has been going well. I lost some students and gained some in the first 3 weeks, but now I think things have settled down. I have 23 students, and I'm enjoying them all. Now that we've been together for 3 weeks, routines have started and personalities are emerging a little more. 4th graders can be so funny! I've already had to squelch the dating issue. After overhearing a few whispered conversations and finding some notes about who like who and who's dating who, I had to lay down the law and say "no dating in the 4th grade". i know that it won't stop the really determined kids, but hopefully it scared them just enough to get them to keep to the playground or after school. It is just crazy to me that 9 year olds are thinking about things like "dating"!

This weekend I'm just haning out at home. Getting some much needed rest and cleaning done. I miss Jeff, but I'm glad he gets some guy time, and that he gets a little vacation. He works so hard, and he takes very little time off.

Hopefully we'll post pictures soon!

No comments: