Sunday, January 13, 2008

A merry little (belated) Christmas

My family (Emily's) finally got together for Christmas. Mom, Dad and Evan drove over Saturday morning. We all hung out around here, went for a walk through the neighborhood, went to the Cheese Factory, then over to Netarts and Oceanside to play on the beach for a while. My brother snapped a few awesome photos.


This is on a hill about two blocks from our house. We are overlooking Tillamook Bay. The heavens kind of opened up and the results were beautiful!





The parents and I in Oceanside. Unfortunately the cloud cover was a little too thick to see a good sunset. It was still really pretty though. The waves were really rolling.





This is Evan through a porthole. We played around in the cave at Oceanside, but it was dark and we didn't have flashlights. Both Evan and Jeff got their feet soaked in a pool of water, but I was smart and didn't go all the way it...not to mention it was really scary!





When we got home we opened presents. I got a sewing machine (YAY!) so I can start making curtains and crafty little home accessories. The cats had fun playing in the wrapping paper as cats always do :)
The family just left, but they didn't really want to because today is one of the most beautiful days we have had in probably 2 months! The sun is out and it totally feels like spring. I think I even heard a lawn mower going a little while ago.






1 comment:

Bethany said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.